At Gebhardt & Kiefer, P.C., we understand both sides of employment disputes in New Jersey. Our experience in the full range of employment-related issues provides our lawyers with broad insight into problem resolution.
There are a host of legal issues that may arise in the workplace. At Gebhardt & Kiefer, P.C., our attorneys have many years of experience representing both employers and employees in employment matters ranging from simple, practical advice to litigation. Contact our Hunterdon County law firm by e-mail for help with your legal issues.
Comprehensive Employment Law Representation
Our employment law attorneys represent employees in employment issues involving the following:
- Workplace harassment & discrimination
- Wrongful termination
- Employment dispute litigation
- Employment contracts
- Severance agreements
- Preparation of employee handbooks/policies for large and small companies
- Preparation of and dispute resolution regarding non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Seminars addressing the prevention of harassment in the workplace
Knowledgeable Representation for Employees
Our lawyers represent employees in litigation and administrative proceedings arising under federal and state discrimination and employment statutes, including:
- Title VII.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination.
- Federal and state whistleblower statutes.
- Federal and state family leave acts and similar laws.
We represent employees who face issues of sexual harassment in the workplace, as well as discrimination based on age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, national origin, or religion. Our lawyers also represent employees in negotiating employment contracts and non-compete agreements.
Experienced Employer Representation
With proper legal guidance, employers can avoid common employment problems. Our attorneys guide employers through many issues, including:
- Affirmative action requirements.
- Sexual harassment policies.
- Wage and hour compliance.
- Drug and alcohol testing.
- Federal and state laws protecting individuals with disabilities.
Our lawyers offer advisory services in termination and layoff, and in the preparation of employee handbooks and personnel policy manuals. We also provide training programs for management and staff on how to avoid sexual harassment and discrimination claims. We assist our public entity clients in labor negotiations and hearings before the Public Employers Labor Relations Commission (PERC) and the State of New Jersey Civil Service Commission.
Representing Insurance Company Policyholders
In addition to the direct representation of employers, our lawyers are regularly retained by insurance carriers to represent their policyholders in employment-related discrimination. Our experience in the full range of employment issues provides us with broad insight into problem resolution.
Contact an Employment Law Attorney
For more information or to set up a consultation with an employment lawyer at Gebhardt & Kiefer, P.C., call 908-735-5161,or send us an e-mail. Our firm serves clients throughout central and northwestern New Jersey.