Business Law & Commercial Litigation
Representing New Jersey Businesses
The firm's focus is on trying to enhance the success of our business clients by supplying critical advice and timely services.
The commercial law attorneys of Gebhardt & Kiefer, P.C., provide a complete range of services to businesses and business owners in central and northwestern New Jersey. Our goal is to enhance the success of our commercial clients by supplying critical advice and timely services.
These services include:
- Choice of an appropriate business entity after considering all the tax and business consequences. Our lawyers create sole proprietorships, partnerships, C and S corporations, limited liability partnerships (LLPs), and limited liability companies (LLCs).
- Drafting buy-sell agreements, partnership agreements and operating agreements.
- Drafting practice agreements for medical and dental practices.
- Servicing of business entities, including annual report filings and shareholder's and director's minutes.
- Serving as general legal counsel for small to mid-sized companies.
- Obtaining financing.
- Representing businesses in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship.
- Drafting and reviewing business contracts.
- Business succession planning in the most tax-advantageous way.
- Purchase and sale of businesses.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Tax-free mergers and reorganizations with publicly traded companies.
- Commercial real estate transactions, including like-kind exchanges of real estate under IRS Section 1031.
In addition, our lawyers handle a wide variety of complex insurance matters including professional malpractice, general liability and insurance coverage matters, particularly disputes between carriers. Our Business and Corporate Law attorneys include Mark H. Chazin and John G. Manfreda.
If business contracts and agreements were always clearly drafted and honored by people signing them, business owners would seldom need a litigation attorney. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes a lawyer's help to protect your rights.
Our lawyers represent business owners in breach of contract claims, partnership disputes, discrimination claims, and other types of business litigation. Read more.
Contact Our Attorneys
For more information or to set up a business consultation with a lawyer at Gebhardt & Kiefer, P.C., call 908-735-5161 or fill out the contact form on this site. Our firm serves clients throughout central and northwestern New Jersey.