- Protect Your Children - the children come first and should never be put in the middle of your divorce.
- Check your emotions at the door- cost and time are directly related to your emotions
- Select the Right Divorce Attorney – what to look for
- Prepare a Detailed Marital History – chronological facts relating to your relationship
- List Assets, Liabilities & Spending Habits– what kind of lifestyle did you live?
- Summarize Your Education/Earnings & Employment Histories
- List Your Goals - Wish List & Bottom Line
- Gather Information & Documents – tax returns, loan applications, bank statements, spending records, retirement account statements, deeds and mortgages.
Top Eight Things to Know When Contemplating Divorce
Written by Diana N. Fredericks, Esq.